Time Strategies

(simple clock, taken from Pixabay)

Time management is a big deal, not only in college but in moving on into the professional world. A 3 month project cannot be magically condensed down into a night, no matter how hard you try. The consequences of doing that in college may just be a bad grade, but out there, especially in the engineering sector, lives could be put at risk! There's a saying a like and try to live by: "If it's not in your schedule, it doesn't exist." So, to mitigate potential procrastination, I've added a set hour block according to my schedule. Of course, there's always some flexibility needed; schedules don't always pan out the way I want them to. But it's good to at least develop some kind of consistency. I also downloaded this extension in my browser that displays a to-do list when I open a new tab. That way, before I can get to browsing the net, I'm reminded of what I need to do.

I appreciate the article on building a realistic study plan. It really breaks down the steps to make a study plan that is practical and follow-able. "Put it where you can see it" is a huge point. In my experience in the past, even though I created these elaborate schedules at the beginning of the semester, "out of sight, out of mind" was a very real thing. Be practical!


Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Hello, It's Me, Smith T

Week 11 Story: Choraya's Diary